Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'll take eight, please

Sorry, folks, I wish I has a couple dozen Carolina Hurricanes autographs to show, but I don't. In fact, I only have a few from this morning. I must admit, too, that after getting Andrew Ladd to sign the 1,400 autographed puck of the collection this morning, my motivation level drained away.

I'm sure, too, that the 'Canes return trip on Dec. 22 had something to do with it. Either way, I came home happy, reaching yet another milestone of the collection.

Somewhat disappointing, though, was that neither Eric Staal nor Cam Ward signed this morning. Staal apparently departed the hotel through another exit. Ward took a hotel van over to the morning skate.

Despite the disappointment and scant numbers (I added eight to the collection), I'm glad that Rod Brind'Amour signed the Flyers puck. Chad Larose signed the Lowell Lock Monsters puck.

Quite a few other players stopped to sign, such as Bret Hedican, Cory Stillman and Scott Walker, but I let them pass. We already have a bunch of signed cards from them, so it was easy to let them walk. I did, however, get Trevor Letowski to sign Phoenix and Vancouver cards, and Glen Wesley signed the Hurricanes card.

No comments: