Sunday, November 25, 2007

Nearly caught up

For the longest time, I seemed to always miss getting autographs from New Jersey's Jamie Langenbrunner and John Madden. For some reason or another, namely having someone else sign an item, I could only chide myself as I watched them walk past.

Beginning with the 2006-07 quarterfinals, when the Devils dispatched the Lightning in six, I'm beginning to believe my luck has changed. Since then, we've added cards and pucks in nearly every visit, nearly completing each player's collection. About the only item left is a Team USA puck for Langenbrunner. I could use a Michigan hockey puck for Madden, too.

Either way, the two NHL veterans were among the Devils who signed at game time Saturday before New Jersey's 3-2 victory over Tampa Bay. All told, we added another 20 autographs, plus a nearly team-signed New Jersey Devils teddy bear.

By design, we did much better with cards than pucks. Defensemen Paul Martin and Colin White (yes, an official introduction was made between the Colins) signed four cards each. Travis Zajac added another three. Sergei Brylin, as always, was good for two. Brian Gionta and Zach Parise signed pucks, too.

The team bear (pictures and posting soon) went over well. Colin was one of the first to have each player sign it. It still needs some big names, but he did get, among others, Brylin, Langenbrunner, Madden, Martin, Parise, White and Zajac. Maybe next time, eh?

The morning skate, from what I heard repeatedly, was nothing short of a horror show for Martin Brodeur. The team drew a larger-than-normal crowd, so that likely added to the commotion. Neither Brodeur nor Patrik Elias signed at game time.

2 comments:

Chuck V said...

Went to the Stars hotel this morning, and came away with 26 cards and 2 Mike Modano signed 8x10s. 1 of the Modano's came out very nicely (on my wall already,) but the other didn't (didn't shake my paint pen enough.) The only guys I missed were Jussi Jokinen and Brad Winchester because I didn't recognize them (Jokinen has changed his hair style and looks a lot like Stephane Robidas.) Have you, by any chance, noticed it taking sharpie longer to dry in cold weather? That last two days doing the Knicks and Stars I've had problems with cards/pictures smudging slightly even after giving what I thought was ample time to dry.

Puckhound said...

That's a pretty good haul there. A lot better than what I've been getting lately.

Here in Florida, we haven't had but one cold morning (relatively speaking), so I haven't had too many problems yet.

I remember from my times in New England, though, that cold weather affected Sharpies and paint pens. I tried to keep them warm in my hands or, if it was really cold, in a coat pocket with a hand warmer.

I also would keep the tops on as long as I could.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing your hounding efforts, too.