Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Name this logo XV

To be honest, it comes as no surprise that Brett continued his string of knowing last week's logo. It was a pleasant surprise, however, that old friend Tracy stopped by, too, with the correct answer and Thanksgiving wishes.

Fans of New England-based teams should have known that the logo belonged to the defunct Maine Mariners of the American Hockey League. The Mariners, who won the AHL's Calder Cup in 1978, 1979 and 1984, now play as the Providence Bruins.

This week's logo might be a little more difficult. Then again, it might not be all that hard.

Stumped? Find the answer at Chris Creamer's sports logo site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I impressed myself this time LOL! I found it on my first click on Chris's site - I figured it might be a maritimes' team given the ship, so I tried QMJHL first - good guess, eh? It's Baie-Comeau Drakkar.