Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Enough already

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of writing about autographs from Tampa Bay Lightning players. Given the lack of success I had with teams flying in and out for preseason games, I'm champing at the bit for the puck to drop on the 2007-08 regular season.

That's not to say, though, that I'm not appreciative of the players who stopped to sign following Monday's morning skate at the St. Pete Times Forum.

In all, I went home that day with another 18 autographs, including Marty St. Louis on a Lightning mini team helmet, embattled goalie Marc Denis on our favorite goalie mask, shown above, and eight pucks.

Besides Kyle Wanvig signing the 1,300th and 1,301st pucks of the collection, other Lightning players to sign pucks, shown at top, were:

Top row, from left: Doug Janik, Buffalo Sabres and Team USA; and Michel Ouellet, Tampa Bay Lightning
Bottom row, from left: Karri Ramo, Tampa Bay Lightning; and fan favorite Andre Roy, Tampa Bay Lightning and Drummondville Voltiguers.

Given that the regular season is just around the corner, meaning that I'll focus my efforts on the New Jersey Devils, Atlanta Thrashers and Florida Panthers within the first week, it'll be a few weeks before I hound the Lightning. Maybe.

No comments: