Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I won't be seeing Stars

As much as I was getting ramped up to hound the Dallas Stars before their preseason game Wednesday against the Tampa Bay Lightning, I'm getting the sense that all of my efforts may be for naught.

Taking a look at their schedule, the Stars are playing home tonight against St. Louis and Thursday night against Colorado. Sandwiched in between is the game against the Lightning. All in all, a pretty hectic schedule with little time for sightseeing.

Given that it's a two-plus-hour flight to Tampa from Dallas-Fort Worth, and that none of the usual hotel suspects have reservations for any member of the team (no, I didn't ask for Mike Modano or Marty Turco), it's my guess that the team will fly in for the game, head to the St. Pete Times Forum from the airport, play and head back to Texas.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking my first hounding trip, other than for the Lightning, will be this Saturday afternoon, after work, for the Washington Capitals. After that, I'm holding out hope that Detroit decides to stay over.

No comments: