Saturday, September 1, 2007

A rainy afternoon

I don't know about you, but it's been raining on and off down here in Tampa Bay all day long. Given the threat of lightning (hence the team's name), you don't dare head outside.

I'd watch the Florida Gators' whupping of Western Kentucky, but the last I saw it was in a fourth-quarter weather delay. The Gators were winning, 49-3.

It's too bad, though, that I've already stumbled upon these hockey gear sites. I guess I'll have to go hockey surfing and find some more:

Reebok unveils its 2007-08 lineup. From Pittsburgh's Sid the Kid to Calgary's Dion Phaneuf to Vancouver's Roberto Luongo (above), it's all RBK Edge, all the time. Sure, it's nothing but advertising, but you can download some cool wallpapers. What I can't figure out, though, is why Reebok invested money in Toronto's Andrew Raycroft.


Not only does Calgary's Jarome Iginla receive top-shelf treatment, but did you know Anaheim's Ryan Getzlaf, New Jersey's Zach Parise and Los Angeles' Mathieu Schneider are among the other players featured at Easton's site. You can find postcards, wallpapers and screensavers there, too.

I have to admit that I was surprised to see Tampa Bay's Johan Holmqvist as a poster boy for Sher-Wood Hockey. Given that Buffalo's Jocelyn Thibault, who'll back up Ryan Miller, and Pittsburgh's Dany Sabourin, the No. 2 to Marc-Andre Fleury, are also featured, I'm not so sure that Lightning backup Marc Denis might have been more relevant. Then again, maybe Sher-Wood knows something we don't. Sorry, no freebies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sher-wood knows all....LOL!