Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sorry, Rico

I know this won't play well back in Western New York, but I had to cast a tie-breaking vote to determine a winner in the latest Hound Central 3.0 poll.

Really, I wanted to honor my loyalties to the Buffalo Sabres. But when it came down to picking what NHL legend should be added to McFarlane's SportsPicks lineup, it really wasn't all that difficult making a decision.

Beyond the fact that Montreal's Ken Dryden, a Hall of Famer, made a greater impact on the game, as a collector, I'd rather have Dryden, striking this classic pose, over Buffalo's Richard Martin winding up for one of his laser-like boomers.

Here are the results:

Montreal's Ken Dryden: 5 votes out of 15 cast (33 percent)
Buffalo's Richard Martin: 5 out of 15 (33 percent)
NYI's Billy Smith: 2 out of 15 (13 percent)
Boston's Terry O'Reilly: 1 out of 15 (6 percent)
Detroit's Viacheslav Fetisov: 1 out of 15 (6 percent)
Toronto's Mike Palmateer: 1 out of 15 (6 percent)

Please know, too, that I'll pass along these results to the good folks at McFarlane. And should they decide to release a Dryden, maybe we will have played a minor role in the decision.

5 comments:

Drew said...

Can't believe I was the only one to vote O'Reilly!

Anonymous said...

Traitor...florida Guy!!! Cmon, everyone knows you should vote with you heart, not your brain...how do you think people who are undeserving get into the different sports hall of fames.

Puckhound said...

I know, Jeff, I know. Still, though, I'd rather have a McFarlane of Ken Dryden than one of Rick Martin.

Now, if McFarlane was to create a French Connection three-pack, that would be a far different story.

I wouldn't mind one of Danny Gare either.

Anonymous said...

I'll forgive you this one time, but you are on a short leash mister...I'm watching you!!!! Go Sabres!!!!

Puckhound said...

I wondered what took you so long.

I must have left you speechless, then, with my Stanley Cup and Sabres' picks.

Send me an e-mail.