Friday, October 26, 2007

Hey, Rip! Two pucks?

With the Buffalo Sabres coming to town, I'll have another chance, though highly unlikely, to snag a couple autographs from the ever elusive Rip Simonick, the team's legendary head equipment manager.

In fact, I'm hoping he signs these two pucks.

Longtime readers will know my motivation for wanting these autographs. Being a Buffalo kid, I know his importance and stature within the organization.

I doubt, though, that I'll catch Rip this trip. I have to work Saturday morning and won't likely make it over to Tampa until he's left for the St. Pete Times Forum. Chances are, I'll have to wait until Jan. 29.

I'd asked for the day off on Saturday, wanting to use, get this, my leftover Labor Day holiday. But, for understandable scheduling issues, that request was denied.

I'll get to use that day off soon, though, when the Calgary Flames come to town.

Addendum (10/28/07): Of the 42 autographs we added to the collection on Saturday, the two pucks shown above were not included. As expected, we never even saw him.

No comments: