Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Good advice


After getting Dave Andreychuk, the former Tampa Bay Lightning captain, to sign a few items earlier tonight, I'm not sure what I was more excited about.

From a hounding standpoint, I'm thrilled that I finally got him to sign, at left, my Lightning Andreychuk jersey.

And I certainly won't complain that he also signed, above, Tampa Bay Lightning 2004 Stanley Cup champions and Oshawa Generals pucks.

From a Daddy standpoint, though, I'm downright ecstatic about the advice he had for Colin, fresh off a hockey skating lesson just down the road from where Andreychuk was part of a remote radio broadcast.

"So, you're hockey skating?" Andreychuk asked.

"Yep," Colin replied, "just got done with my lessons."

"How'd you do? Did you fall?" Andreychuk asked.

"All the time," Colin said.

"That's OK. Did you ever see me fall? I fell all the time, too," Andreychuk said.

"You fell?" Colin asked.

"All the time. But you know what I did every time I fell?" Andreychuk said.

"What?" Colin replied.

"I always got right back up," Andreychuk said. "That's what you have to do."

No comments: