Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm confused

I'm not 100 percent certain, but I believe I pulled an Sweet Stitches "oopsie" from a tin of 2007-08 Upper Deck Sweet Shot.

Though I'd hardly complain about a three-swatch card, I don't believe Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar ever wore the purple-and-yellow throwback sweater for the Kings in an NHL game.

Kopitar didn't play in the NHL when the Kings last wore the throwbacks, Dec. 2 and Dec. 16, 2004. In fact, Kopitar, who scored two goals in his NHL debut on Oct. 6, 2006, was playing for Sodertalje in the Elitserien in 2004-05.

Now, if you read Upper Deck's certification language, it doesn't specifically state that it was Kopitar who wore the sweater.

However, calling it an "Anze Kopitar Game-Used trading card" certainly leads a reasonable person to expect that the jersey swatches did, indeed, come from a sweater worn by Kopitar.

I've seen other variations of this card showing black and white swatches, but I can't find anything else like this one.

Is it an error card? If not, what would you call it?

I suppose I'll have to ask Upper Deck. Maybe, it'll be able to tell me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good chance this is from one o the teams practice jerseys.

Moody