Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thanks, Joey


In a way, I feel awfully damn greedy about getting five autographed items from Colorado's Joe Sakic. One would think that I'd be happy to get a single signed item.

But when the player is Sakic, and he repeatedly tells me it's no problem signing more than one item or asking more than once, any guilt quickly evaporates.

Needless to say, I was pretty stoked that Sakic, who underwent hernia surgery less than a month ago, traveled with the Avalanche.

On Monday, Sakic signed the Avalanche, Nordiques and Swift Current pucks. On Tuesday, he signed the 2004 NHL All Star Game puck in the morning and my Avalanche jersey in the afternoon.

Let me tell you, folks, Sakic is a class act. Very pleasant, personable and patient, it's no wonder he's a role model for players and fans.

No comments: