Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I should have known better

Deep down inside, I knew this was going to happen. I knew Detroit would beat Dallas. I just couldn't help myself. Against all logic, and relying solely on emotion, I picked Dallas to win in seven.

The mighty Red Wings, however, had different plans, easily dispatching the Stars to win the Western Conference crown in six.

With a convincing 4-1 victory Monday night deep in the Lone Star State, Detroit now meets Pittsburgh for the right to claim hockey's most hallowed hardware, Lord Stanley's Cup. Game 1, at the Joe, is 8 p.m. (EST) Saturday.

Throughout the season, the Wings have proven to be the league's elite team. The Pens, coming into the finals playing two fewer games, are capable of being a handful, too. Can Pittsburgh do it? Or is Detroit simply too good?

Give me some time to think about it. I'd hate to repeat a mistake.

No comments: