Thursday, August 16, 2007

Program the TiVo

If you like to plan ahead, even months in some instances, you might want to check out the NHL's television schedule. The first game I'll see on TV comes Sunday, Sept. 30, when Versus broadcasts the Los Angeles Kings-Anaheim Ducks meet in London.

I'll also catch the Buffalo Sabres seven times on Versus this season.

Other key games I hope to watch include San Jose at Detroit on Oct. 29, the Rangers at the Islanders on Nov. 6, Colorado at Detroit on Jan. 8 (a rematch, in Denver, airs Feb. 18) and the Alexander Ovechkin-Sidney Crosby Show on Jan. 21.

Though we had the NHL Centre Ice package last season, I doubt we'll subscribe. Until they show pre- and post-game shows and rerun games the next morning, I can't justify the subscription.

As much as I like watching Western Conference teams, my work schedule limited my viewing to 10 or 10:30 p.m. starts last season.

No comments: