Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wishful thinking

Let's imagine for a moment that it's early to mid November. You've just bought a box of Upper Deck Hockey Series One. What Young Guns would you be looking for?

Here are my Top 5:

1.) Chicago's Jonathan Toews
2.) Washington's Nicklas Backstrom
3.) St. Louis' Erik Johnson
4.) Buffalo's Clarke MacArthur
5.) Phoenix's Peter Mueller

Should he make the roster out of camp, I wouldn't complain, either, if I picked up Chicago's Patrick Kane, the first-overall pick in this year's draft. You know, just in case. Besides, he's a Buffalo kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kane, MacArthur, Kaletta, Ryan and Johnson are my picks..though i am biased toward Sabres, but I love those guys, especially Kaletta...he hits anything that moves and Ryan has a knack for getting into the right spots at the right time.