Sunday, August 3, 2008

The next step

As you can see, I'm seeking input, through the latest Hound Central 3.0 poll, on the future of my hockey-hounding blog. Do I continue writing this version, covering my hounding efforts of the 2008-09 NHL season? Or do I start anew, launching Hound Central 4.0?

Unlike others I know, I'll be honest. Keeping Hound Central 3.0 alive through the upcoming season would be taking the easy way out. No starting from scratch, just picking up where I left off. And that, my friends, has great appeal.

Still, though, the idea of building Hound Central 4.0 offers its own set of rewards. It's satisfying to watch something grow from the first page view. It's a hoot, too, trying out new ideas and, hopefully, fresh approaches. It'll give me another set of 999 posts.

That's where you folks come in. Provide some guidance, please. So far, eight readers have shared their opinions.

Do the right thing. Take part in the poll, won't you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pick just keep it going. I love reading your blogs, keep it up!

Puckhound said...

Thanks for the kind words, Rob.

Anonymous said...

I love coming to this site to see all of your new acquisitions as well as hearing from a true collector. I voted for "keep 3.0 going", but would be happy with whatever direction you took.....as long as you keep the posts coming.

Take care.
Brett

Puckhound said...

Brett: Thanks for the comments. The posts will keep coming. I promise.